Our company took part in the proceedings of the XXV Anniversary International Research and Practice Conference «Household Chemical in Russia», which took place on June 18-20, 2019 in Perm.
The subject of the report: «DME. Concept of Analogues Substitution. Aspects of Implementation in Process»
The bullets of DME Aerosol LLC report:
- In 2018, the production of high-quality dimethyl ether 99.99% was implemented in Russia in substitution for import analogues.
- DME Aerosol LLC is a leader among domestic producers, the capacity is 20 thousand tons per year (57%).
- DME consumption in Russia has increased by 280% over the last 10 years.
- Substitution of import DME has economic and logistics advantages.
- Change-over to DME instead of propane/butane mixtures for household chemicals manufacturers is determined by unique properties of the product: solvency power towards polymers, miscibility with other solvents and propellants, high water solubility and absence of odour, fine dispersion.
- Dimethyl ether is nontoxic for consumer, it does not impact the environment what complies with the standards of the state ecological policy pursued in the RF.
- The further growth of demand for DME is anticipated in the segment of perfumery (deodorants, hair sprays), household chemicals (air fresheners) and repellents.
- Change-over to DME in the production of aerosol household chemicals is evident. The transition is perfected. Stereotypes get in the way.
It is important that among the participants of the conference the interest to new feed for aerosols was shown by representatives of the companies producing repellents, aerosols for footwear and auto care products as well. An issue of substitution of hydrocarbon propellants by dimethyl ether was raised.
The full version of presentation you can find following the link: